Still




"In the presence of nature, a wild delight runs through the man, in spite of real sorrows."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 2015.
Big Basin Redwoods State Park, Santa Cruz County.

These photos came on the heels of my pit bull, Nala, passing and moving onto her next life.  I would like to imagine that next life being somewhere over the rainbow, comprised of luscious green rolling hills, the bluest of skies, and an endless stream of glistening water under the oath of a golden sun that never sets further than the three o'clock mark.  For twelve years, she graced my life with affection and love, lightheartedness and mischief--not to mention laughter of a very rare kind.  It does not feel like she has left my side; instead, I would like to think she has only thrown on an invisible cape and is running wildly and freely beside me now, no longer in pain and ever happy. 

 Nala, March 2012 (film SLR)

Until I can wrap my arms around you again, run wild and free in the forever place, my love. 


No comments: