Here & Gone, Part III: Return


 Cafe Gratitude plate . . . post-meal.  See its before photo below.

The "I am bueno" dish: summer squash tacos with toasted coconut flakes

Tara's Organic Ice Cream (on right: hibiscus sorbet, orange agave sorbet, and orange cashew ice cream)

At Pegasus Bookstore . . .

Though the art selection was limited, there was a book on Egon Schiele.  I picked up the hardcover only because it reminded me of something someone once said to me.  Everything--be it minor or major--happens for a reason.  I happened upon this book for a reason: a beautiful painting was waiting for my discovery within its pages.  And then I read the painting's title.  See image below.
Autumn follows this painter everywhere . . . and I'm happy for it.

Truth be told, I have a slightly bizarre infatuation with autumn.  Woodsy notes . . . fiery reds, coppery oranges, and earthy browns . . . leaves dancing everywhere . . . Pain does not feel as sharp, burdens do not feel as heavy, and time feels suspended in every waking moment.

Two places at once . . . one foot in Berkeley, one foot in Oakland.

Ended the night pondering about changes, constants, permanence and the temporal.

Week of 03-31-2014.

No comments: